One of the greatest challenges faced by people as they age can be isolation from the people and community in which they’ve been connected. Maintaining relationships with family, friends and the place in which we live is nourishing for the mind, body and soul.
Our caring team can help you keep that sense of belonging by enabling you to enjoy the things you like to do with others either in the local community or by a visit in your home. This may include:
- Assistance with shopping and those ‘little jobs’ out and about
- Helping you take part in a social, recreational or cultural activity
- ‘Tea and Talk’– sharing a cup of tea and a chat with you either in a café or in your home
- Connecting with family and friends through technology (for example Skype, emails)
- Friendly catchup phone calls
- Playing your favourite card or board game
- Diversional therapy (for example music therapy)
If it’s to get from A to B or simply to get you out and about, Sue Mann Nursing and Community Care can provide reliable transport and friendly companions.You may benefit from support getting you to and from:
- Doctors and medical appointments
- Shopping, banking, errands
- Social, recreational and cultural activities and outings
- Family and friends
We recognise the valuable role carers play in the wellbeing of our clients. We also understand the importance of giving carers ‘time out’ to have a break, rest and re-energise.
Our in-home carer support helps carers to manage their own wellbeing with the assurance their loved one is being cared for by one of our friendly team members. Our range of flexible services can lighten the load with:
- Help around the home
- Personal care
- Medication management
- Social engagement
- Overnight in–home respite care
- Arranging residential respite care
The Sue Mann team can provide technology support in the home to keep you connected.